What to do at the accident scene:
- Stop! Do not leave the scene. If your car is creating a safety hazard or you are concerned with your personal safety, move to a safer place.
- Check for Injuries. Life and health are more important than damage to vehicles.
- Note specific damage to all vehicles.
- Call the police immediately and follow their instructions.
- Write down accident information including names, addresses, & license numbers of persons involved and the description(s) of the other vehicles.
- Write down witness information. This assists in verifying how the accident actually happened.
- Exchange vehicle and insurance information with the other party(ies) to the accident.
- Do not sign any document unless it is requested by the police or your insurance company.
The proper steps to take after a collision:
- Contact your insurance company or insurance agent immediately after the accident.
- Call Jay-Bee Collision Repair Center to arrange towing if your vehicle is not drivable. After hours, towing assistance is available by calling (262) 657-2190.
- If your vehicle has already been towed to a storage lot, minimize storage charges by moving your vehicle to Jay-Bee Collision Repair Center as soon as possible. If your insurance company requests that you obtain an estimate on your own, Jay-Bee Collision Repair Center will provide a free estimate of repairs and assist you with your claim. Jay-Bee Collision Repair Center works with all insurance carriers.
- If your insurance company will be writing the estimate, your claim will be assigned an adjuster that will review the damage to your vehicle onsite at Jay-Bee Collision Repair Center.
- We will explain the repair process to you before we begin and encourage your questions.
- Authorize Jay-Bee Collision Repair Center to repair your vehicle by signing a work authorization. This authorization allows us to converse with your insurance company on your behalf to ensure proper repairs and payment.
- Ask us to make the arrangements for a shuttle or a rental vehicle. Your transportation needs during the repair process are important to us.
- We want you to be completely satisfied with the repairs to your vehicle. Jay-Bee Collision Repair Center will provide a Lifetime Warranty on the repairs to your vehicle.